Every Department of Motor Vehicles should have a computer driver stimulation qualification skill testing machine relative to the number of mean or ave customers they test each within a determined time period(day,month, year). These would be non binding tests. They would only be voluntary and rules, committees, and the public would need full transparent involvement. With Training sessions when and where necessary.
The cost of which is open to debate. I would suggest the license fee.
The run from $500 to $5000.
Each person would get a Race Rating added to their license at the very least.
1) would accurately show the ability of the population skill at driving, by the scores they get in the games
2) The rating or ratings of each game could be added to licenses to show arresting police officers the 'skill' level of the members of an accident. For example, might suggest the driver was racing, or has low ability to drive.
3) I would suggest Forza 4 and Dirt 3 as Games/Simulations that would show levels of skill.
1) Improve the skill of all drivers
2) Reward good drivers with prestige if nothing else
3) Have the possibility (scientific tests could be done) to cut DMV expenses if real driver education and Driver tests could be eliminated, with the development of real world software applications.